- We are Law Understood Limited trading as “Law Understood”. We are registered in England & Wales under number 08354256. Our registered office and trading address is at Stirling House,Cambridge Innovation Park, Denny End Road, Waterbeach, Cambridge, CB25 9PB
– read through these terms and conditions carefully before using this website.
– print a copy for future reference.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the website (date updated at the top) and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you use this website and your continued use of the website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
- You are not eligible to buy any goods via this site if you are below the legal age to form a binding contract with us (unless you have the consent of your parent / guardian) or it is unlawful for you to buy or use the goods in or import them into your country.
- If you are not a consumer you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use this website.
- Certain website services will require registration and subsequent access to those services will be subject to an approved login name and password (“Password Details”). Information that you provide on this website must be accurate and complete. All Passwords Details are accepted and may be withdrawn at our sole discretion and are exclusive to you and non-transferable and must be treated as strictly confidential at all times. In the event that you have any concerns regarding your Password Details or become aware of any misuse then you must inform us immediately. Please Contact us.
II. Order process
- All orders that you place on this website will be subject to acceptance in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The ‘confirmation’ stage sets out the final details of your order. Following this we might send you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. Please note that this email is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from us.
- Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on despatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it. Please refer to our Refund Policy.
- We do not file details of your order for you to subsequently access direct on this website and therefore please print out these terms and conditions and the order acknowledgement for your own records. If you wish to obtain specific details of your previous orders please Contact us.
- Pre-ordering goods means that you are reserving and paying for goods that will be shipped on a future date.
- We take payment from you at the time we received your order in accordance with our payment section below. An acknowledgement email summarising your pre-order products might be sent to your specified email address.
- We are initially given an estimate release date for pre-orders. But this date might be subject to changes. We shall be under no liability for any changes to a pre-release date indicated by us.
- If you pre-order any good and the price either rises or drops before the delivery date you will pay the price when your submitted your payment when placing the order.
- All goods must be signed for by an adult aged 18 years or over on delivery.
- Delivery charges and estimated timescales are specified in the Delivery information section and also when you place an order. We make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated timescales however delays are occasionally inevitable. We shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the products within estimated timescales.
- Risk of loss and damage of products passes to you on the date when the products are delivered to you or are left with a person or place nominated by you.
- We take payment from your card or PayPal account at the time we receive your order once we have checked your card or PayPal details and stock availability. Goods are subject to availability. In the event that we are unable to supply the goods we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given where you have already paid for the goods. You can access www.paypal.co.uk for additional terms and conditions for payments made by Paypal (Law Understood is not responsible for the content of external websites).
- To ensure that your credit debit card or PayPal account is not being used without your consent we will validate name address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- If we discover an error in the price of goods ordered or pre-ordered we will inform you as soon as possible (e.g. prior to the goods being despatched). We will provide you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you choose to cancel and have already paid for the goods you will receive a full refund. Please see our Refund Policy.
- Payment can be made by any method specified below.
Payment methods: Paypal Worldpay and any of the following Credit/Debit Cards:
- Title to any products you order on this website shall pass to you on delivery of the products provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the products.
- All prices are shown in £ sterling and include VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rates but exclude delivery charges
VII. Returns, Cancellations and Substitutions
- Please refer to our Refund Policy.
- In the unlikely event that you receive faulty or damaged goods please Contact us immediately.
- We may experience problems with the supply of certain products and may therefore supply a substitute of the same or better quality at the same price. If you are not happy with the replacement or substitute you can return it or cancel it. Please see our Refund Policy. All sizes and measurements are approximate but we do try to make sure that they are as accurate as possible.
VIII. Intellectual Property
- You acknowledge and agree that all copyright trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all materials and/or content made available as part of your use of this website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
- You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within this website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may only download such material and content for the purpose of using this website. You further acknowledge that any other use of the material and content of this website is strictly prohibited and you agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy reproduce transmit publish display distribute commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
IX. Liability and Indemnity
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability which may not otherwise be limited or excluded under applicable law.
- Subject to the above we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information on the site but makes no representation or warranty of any kind express or implied statutory or otherwise regarding the contents or availability of the site or that it will be timely or error-free that defects will be corrected or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality accuracy reliability of the website we will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the website and we accepts no liability of any kind for any loss or damage from action taken or taken in reliance on material or information contained on the site.
- Subject to the above other than as expressly provided in these terms and conditions with respect to specific products and except for the exclusive remedies set out in this terms and conditions any indemnities warranties terms and conditions (whether express or implied) are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
- Subject to the above Law Understood will not be liable in contract tort (including without limitation negligence) pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent on negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the terms and conditions for any:
– economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues data profits contracts business or anticipated savings); or
– loss of goodwill or reputation; or
– special or indirect losses
- Notwithstanding the above Law Understood aggregate liability (whether in contract tort or otherwise) for loss or damage shall in any event be limited to a sum equal to the amount paid or payable by you for the product(s) in respect of one incident or series of incidents attributable to the same clause.
- These clauses do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer nor do they affect your contract cancellation rights.
- We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure but unless we are negligent we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by you.
X. Miscellaneous Provisions
- The contract between us shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England. English is the only language offered for the conclusion of the contract.
- Law Understood shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products or otherwise perform any obligation as specified in these terms and conditions if the same is wholly or partly caused whether directly or indirectly by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- To provide increased value to our customers we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable directly or indirectly for (i) the privacy practices of such websites (ii) the content of such websites including (without limitation) any advertising content products goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources nor for any damage loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such advertising content products goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
- You may not assign or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions or any related order for products to any third party unless agreed upon in writing by Law Understood
- Law Understood reserves the right to transfer assign novate or sub-contract the benefit of the whole or part of any of its rights or obligations under these terms and conditions or any related contract to any third party.
- If any portion of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity or enforceability of the other sections of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- These terms and conditions do not create or confer any rights or benefits enforceable by any person that is not a party (within the meaning of the U.K. Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999).
- No delay or failure by Law Understood to exercise any powers rights or remedies under these terms and conditions will operate as a waiver of them nor will any single or partial exercise of any such powers rights or remedies preclude any other or further exercise of them. Any waiver to be effective must be in writing and signed by an authorised representative of Law Understood.
- These terms and conditions including the documents or other sources referred to in these terms and conditions supersede all prior representations understandings and agreements between you and Law Understood relating to the use of this website (including the order of products) and set forth the entire agreement and understanding between you and Law Understood for your use of this website.
We recommend you print out a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
If you have any questions regarding the Law Understood website please Contact us.